Sea urchin research system
- product development
We supplied a large NANO™ setup to the University of Coimbra in Portugal in 2019. The system is used for sea urchin broodstock maturation and for integrated multitrophic aquaculture (IMTA) experiments using sea urchins and algae. The system was designed to include mechanical filtration, biological filtration, UV irradiation and temperature control.
- 9 rectangular sea Urchin tanks
- 6 rectangular algae tanks
- LED lighting with specific wavelengths for Sea urchins and algae
- Energy saving, speed-controlled pumping system (<200W)
- Space-saving rack setup in high quality stainless steel
- Modular, plug-and-play installation. All systems where tested in our facilities before shipment.