- proof of concept
The Geofood RAS is a state-of-the-art, RAS for pikeperch based on the latest know-how. It is an instrument in our research project Geofood (www.geofood.eu), studying the combined use of fish farms, horticulture and geothermal heat production. The system is also used to study nutrient flows, microbial interactions in aquaponics and treatment of aquaculture effluents using activated sludge.
The system is running at the facilities of Wageningen Greenhouse Horticulture in Bleiswijk, the Netherlands (www.wur.nl). The Geofood project is an ERANET-H2020 project studying the combined use of fish farms, horticulture and geothermal heat production.
- 50 m3 system for intensive fish keeping
- Tanks: 2x 500 litre, 3x 1500 litre, 3x 10.000 litre
- 75 m3/h water flow
- Max feed load of 20-25 kg/day
- Microscreen drum filter
- Moving Bed Bio Reactor (MBBR)
- Denitrification and Mineralization reactors
- 2x fertigation outlets
- CO2 degassing
- Oxygenation in downflow bubble contactor
- Online monitoring and emergency oxygen system
- Sensor network installed