LandIng Aquaculture specialises in engineering support for Recirculating Aquaculture Systems (RAS) on both commercial and experimental scale. Our engineers have extensive experience in designing and building RAS systems for multiple purposes such as testing of fish feed or vaccines, commercial fish production or production of fish in combination with plants (Aquaponics). Species that we have worked with include:
- Atlantic Salmon (Salmo salar)
- Gilthead Seabream (Sparus aurata)
- European Seabass (Dicentrarchus labrax)
- Asian Seabass or Barramundi (Lates calcarifer)
- Pangasius (Pangasionodon hypophthalmus)
- Tilapia (Oreochromis niloticus)
- Rainbow Trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss)
- Sole (Solea solea)
- Turbot (Scophthalmus maximus)
- Yellowtail Kingfish (Seriola lalandi)
- Common Carp (Cyprinus carpio)
- Sturgeon sp.
When designing, our engineers take into account the workflow of the system, ensuring ergonomic working conditions. Additionally, through smart engineering and the application of energy-saving equipment we make sure that operating costs are kept to a minimum whilst maintaining all the necessary flexibility. Of course our principles of transparency are applied ensuring a full documentation on the engineering decisions, possibilities and limitations of the system instead of supplying a pre-designed solution with no possibilities of customization.
During the engineering process, calculations will determine the optimal equipment configurations. During the procurement process, analysis will determine the most suited technology suppliers. Although we strive to work with the top suppliers of the industry, only sound calculations will determine the best compromise between performance, qualily, cost and after-sales services for every piece of technology included in a project.